Thursday, March 20, 2008

Checking out Twitter

Twitter.com

I'd signed up for twitter a long time ago -- in that first round of social networking exploration with mwms. I didn't have a cell phone at the time, and twitter never really made any sense to me. Then Molco got into it, and by that time I did have a phone with text messaging, and suddenly I started to get it. It was fun -- she was at SXSW and I was at NERCOMP, and we were making comments to each other.
So now I've expanded my horizons a bit, and have started 'following' some other people in the library technology world who I know off, but haven't met... The jury is still out on this part. In some ways it seems like a non stop slow motion chat room, where you don't hear both sides of many of the conversations... But I suppose once you've molded your list of followers / followees into shape, it could be interesting.

0 comments: